Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 13th April 2003, 11:44 AM
Banned

I have been tracking the performance of the Tennis pack results kindly provided by becareful on his web page. Here are the results thus far (100 bets- 1 Jan 03) using the Power of Ten software edition as the staking plan.

100 bets
Strike Rate 68% - 68 winners
ave. bet size $114
ave. div. $1.78
Turnover $11,429
Profit $2,696 (flat stake +$2,398)
PoT 23.6%

max bet $239
min bet $53
longest losing run 3

I'm starting to get interested.
Old 13th April 2003, 02:42 PM

Dr Pangloss,

Good to see some interest in this (glad I am not updating the website for no reason!).

Not sure if it is worth using Power Of Ten on this - the POT following Tonys recommended bet size is 23.4%. If you used 1 unit=$85 then you would have invested $11430 and your profit would be $2679 - not much of a difference really. Also you can have quite a few bets on a single night (5 or 6 is not unusual in the first round of a tournament) which makes it a bit tricky to use a plan such as POT as you generally need to place all bets at the same time.
Old 14th April 2003, 12:41 PM

what is the web page i would like to take a look thanks
Old 14th April 2003, 12:44 PM

Go to the tipping competition page and then follow the link to the "Propunter Tennis Package" results. Tipping comp is at:

http://www.tlcbc.com.au/tipping.htm
Old 14th April 2003, 01:46 PM

Was about to post the direct link to the Tennis package webpage, but I wouldn't do that to you becareful :wink:

Does look promising I must admit.

Old 15th April 2003, 03:42 PM

It's good to see it is showing a profit. I wonder if anybody else would care to disclose how the various other packages are faring? I am a bit surprised that the management don't post results similar to what they do with their racing packages.
Old 15th April 2003, 04:44 PM

Quote:
On 2003-04-15 15:42, thekey wrote:
It's good to see it is showing a profit. I wonder if anybody else would care to disclose how the various other packages are faring? I am a bit surprised that the management don't post results similar to what they do with their racing packages.

thekey,

The AFL package is going very well this season as well.
I am currently getting all the tips and commentary, and must say it's very informative and profitable.

I can't speak on behalf of management, but the reason that full results are probably not posted is that Prof. Clarke has a longterm reputation of success and profit.
His FREE tips are given for each round on the Smartgambler site, but the vital overlay and percentage of winning information is missing - for this information you must sign up and be a member.

I would thoroughly recommend both the Tennis and AFL packages, but have no knowledge of the Rugby or Baseball performance.

If I win the tipping competition, I'll be able to let you know!

:wink:
Old 16th April 2003, 09:00 AM

Thanks Chrome Prince

I have come up with my own method for rugby league just recently and wish to fully test it before I put any money down. I believe the best test would be to post the bets I select on the non-racing forum, which I will be doing from this week.
Old 16th April 2003, 12:47 PM

Thekey,

I have been getting the Rugby League package as well but am still trying to work out the best way to bet with it and therefore am treading very carefully (small bet sizes). Unlike the Tennis package where Tony recommends specific bets (so it is easy to judge the performance) the Rugby League is more like a ratings summary with comments - so you get the computers assessed price and Alans game comments but not a specific bet recommendation as such (although several users have made suggestions for rules on the forum that you also get access to). Therefore it is probably harder to post results for the package - for example last week the computer assessed an overlay on the Raiders and the Warriors - Alan's comments suggested the Raiders were a good bet but he felt the Broncos would beat the Warriors - so is this a bet or not? As it turned out both won at very attractive prices but I was only on the Raiders (Go Canberra!)

At this stage I would recommend the NRL package IF you are interested in NRL and are willing to put a bit of effort into working out the best use of the ratings - if you just want to sit back and follow recommended bets then go with the Tennis (I have just updated the results for the last few days).

Old 16th April 2003, 04:55 PM

becareful,

Thanks for the info. Interestingly Canberra and the Warriors were both overlays on my figures too.