Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Archive > AFL Australian Rules Football Forum
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 10th February 2005, 12:29 AM

Default AFL Premiership markets

As much as we would all like to think that our sides have a flag chance, have a look at it seriously. Don't bet with your heart , bet with your head.

Honestly this last season there were only four chances from half way and they played off in the prelims. I left saints out after preseason victory as lacked real finals experience ( same for Geelong )and Backed, Lions, Port and Swans.

Previou too years I backed Pies, Lions and Port.

You must go though records, all winners of last 10 years have been in top four / five previous year.Just check them ou for your self. Sides who finish 7 -12 last year may improve . but to what 3 or 4, thats not winning flag.

Only danger to Port, Brisbane, Swans and Saints might be Eagles, but need more Goal kickers.

I follow pies but wont win till they buy a decent top ruckmen,

Jaffa
Old 10th February 2005, 08:27 AM

You seem to have a slightly higher opinion of the Swans than many. As a Lions supporter, I know how damn well they play against us, but they seem to slip up against some of the other sides.
Old 10th February 2005, 02:46 PM
Former Member

I reckon Geelong is therabouts also.They actually have as good a midfield as anyone in the league. They smashed Brissie in the midfield in the Prelim but just didnt quite know how to win it.
Dockers can improve but can't win it, not enough gun forwards.
Saints, Geelong and Port are the three chances for mine. I think they have the best lists.
Brisbane will still be good, but remind me of Essendon when we lost to Brissie in 2001. We lost that aura of invincibility and other teams weren't as intimidated.
I cant see geelong, saints or power being intimidated by the Lions ever again.
Saints should be the biggest threat to everyone, after there poleaxing in the first final they played ************ good finals footy and will only be bigger and stronger this year. The $5 you can get about 'em now is incredible value.
Remember, it took the Kangaroos, Lions and Power a few years of losing to become truly great teams and I reckon they are on the verge of the best era we may ever see, if they can keep there list together!!
Old 10th February 2005, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mug punta
Saints, Geelong and Port are the three chances for mine.

Yep. I agree there.
Old 10th February 2005, 03:01 PM

Mug punta,

What about your mob? How do you reckon they'll go?

I'm thinking of backing the Bombers for the 8, because quite a few people are thinking that they're going to miss out this year and as a result, I reckon their odds will be pretty inviting. Even when they're not really a premiership threat, they still almost always make the finals. Going to think about it a bit longer though.
Old 10th February 2005, 03:04 PM

Question

I'll go out on a limb and nominate the demons as a roughy to make the top 4. Dont ask me why, its just one of those gut feelings.
Old 10th February 2005, 03:05 PM

Ron,

It's an odd number year.
Old 10th February 2005, 06:39 PM

im not a long term punter but id take eagles and freo to make the finals, its pretty tough to win up at subiaco if your from the big V - that guarantees them a fair few games, then they just need to nab a few away games and there ya go
Old 10th February 2005, 09:31 PM
Banned

bombers and demons to star this year
Old 10th February 2005, 11:43 PM
Banned

if you look at last ten years you would like port power, it seems that when a non victorian club goes premiers ( and unlocks secret to winning in melbourne ) the advantage of home state finals the following year and confidence gained leads to back to back flags. think adelaide crows and brisbane lions. so going by that logic power will be hard to toss.

Having said that, st kilda got within a whisker of beating them last year in prelim, and given an easier finals campaign they will be the danger.

as a betting propisition, am thinking about large bet on both teams at around 4.50 power, and 5.50 saints and sit back and watch both teams odds trim up as year goes by. that way if either team makes GF i would be able to lay off and collect, while if both teams make it even better !!

anyway good luck to all for season 2005