Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Archive > AFL Australian Rules Football Forum
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 14th April 2005, 09:02 AM

Default Kitchy's Round 4 Tips.

Kangaroos V Collingwood

(Collingwood). Have had the wood over North over several years. North love to be the underdogs and it doesn't sit right with them. Collingwood high in confidence from their win against Carlton.

Hawthorn V Brisbane

(Brisbane). They are playing Hawthorn. The fact that the game is in Melbourne will have no bearing on this lop-sided affair.

West Coast V Western Bulldogs

(Western Bulldogs). My roughy. West Coast are nothing special in my opinion. Bulldogs, when firing, play a good attacking brand of football and their gameplan is well suited to the largish Subiaco. Look for an upset here.

Geelong V Essendon

(Geelong.) They have players out but Essendon are a definite slider this year and to only prevail against the Hawks by 2 points was somewhat of a farce. Easy Geelong win.

Port Adelaide V Carlton

(Port Adelaide.) People have been writing them off, yet Port are well known for their slow starts. And after this week's game they will be 2-2, probably in the eight and ready to get into gear. Will come out firing as a reply to the embarassment theyr were served at the hands of the Crows in round 3. Probably the worst time for someone to be playing the Power.

Sydney V Adelaide

(Adelaide.) Don't know how many people here caught the showdown but they were playing some amazing footy against the Power, even without their first tier players firing. Mcleod, Edwards, Goodwin etc did not have much impact on the game and they still won by 68 pts. They were also missing their best defender in Ben Hart. Will run over sydney in the last half of Sunday's game partly due to the fact that Sydney worked over-overtime in the last quarter of their emphatic six point win over the Lions at the Gabba.

Richmond V Fremantle

(Fremantle.) Richmond are 2-1. They only have this record because they have played lowlights, Hawthorn and Bulldogs in consecutive weeks. Fremantle are a good team and should come away with the win, although it might not be a very convincing one.

St Kilda V Melbourne.

(St Kilda.) I am not sure whether Melbourne are the real deal this year or not. St Kilda are due to fire and this should be a cracker of a game. Saints to win for mine, they have the class and the talent just have to use it now.

Anyway, good luck all!

Kitch

Last edited by Kitch : 14th April 2005 at 09:16 AM.
Old 14th April 2005, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitch
Kangaroos V Collingwood
North hate to be the underdogs and it doesn't sit right with them.

I think you mean they love to be the underdogs and hate to be the favourites???
Old 14th April 2005, 09:18 AM

post edited
Old 14th April 2005, 11:21 AM
Former Member

My tips for round 4

COLLINGWOOD to defeat kangaroos
BRISBANE to defeat hawthorn
WEST COAST to defeat western bulldogs
GEELONG to defeat essendon
PORT to defeat carlton
SYDNEY to defeat adelaide
FREMANTLE to defeat richmond
MELBOURNE to defeat St.Kilda

My bets for the round will be decided after I see the final team lists but Im very confident in this order on GEELONG, WEST COAST and PORT POWER.

Geelong will pole axe my own bombers.
West Coast will towell the Doggies
Port will bounce back against the Blues.

Also, as a final aside after the Dees play the saints this week I will be getting on the Saints to win the flag. They are currently $9 in most markets and if they get beat this week I have no doubt I will be able to procure double figure odds.
I am also feeling really confident that the only three that can take it out are Port, Brisbane and the Saints.
Old 14th April 2005, 11:23 AM

I sure hope you're correct with that last comment.
Old 14th April 2005, 11:37 AM
Former Member

Who else is there

WEST COAST- No hope, we saw against the crows that they have NO FORWARD LINE!!

FREMANTLE- Good midfield, no doubt, pretty solid defense, not enough big key forwards. Medhurst and Farmer to win you a flag in Melbourne. NO!

MELBOURNE- The smoky, look even all over the field and have added some midfield grunt and there players are a lot stronger this year. Still some queries over their defense. Could win it, but theres no way known im backing them at $6 at this stage of the year.

SYDNEY- On their day as good as anyone, but, can they play 4 weeks of hard finals at that level. If Roos changes his defensive coaching tactics I would rate them much more highly. This weekend's game will give us a clue as to where they are at.

GEELONG- They have a go, but, it appears Ben Graham has left a gaping hole in their forward line. They are still some outside hope though if they can get the passion they played with last year back.

NORTH- NO

COLL, ESS, BULLIES, HAWKS, CROWS, CARL, RICH

All 150-1 or better
Old 14th April 2005, 11:44 AM

Richmond the best value in Round 4 by a mile. $2.50 seems massive. I have also taken +11.5 at $1.90.
Fremantle coming off two gut-busting weeks. A trip to Tasmania on a wet ground and a heartbreaking loss by one point where they gave their all. They then had to travel back to Perth for a local derby (take no prisoners match). If you saw that game they led by a couple of goals and ran out of puff in the last quarter. They now have to travel back to Melbourne where they do not play well at the best of times.
Remember that football players are not machines.
Richmond are not a good side but at $2.50 they will do me.
Old 14th April 2005, 12:31 PM
Former Member

If it stays wet you have a great chance.
If it becomes dry I think Freo will win easily.
Old 14th April 2005, 01:18 PM

Despite the fatigue factor????
I can think of better conveyances for one's money at $1.75 than Fremantle away from home and fatigued.
Old 14th April 2005, 03:26 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitch
(Adelaide.) Don't know how many people here caught the showdown but they were playing some amazing footy against the Power, even without their first tier players firing. Mcleod, Edwards, Goodwin etc did not have much impact on the game and they still won by 68 pts.

Those 3 players you mention were the 3 best on the ground and probably the 3 biggest possession getters!
Maybe you got confused and watched the Western Derby showdown by mistake!